Riding the bus is easy, once you know how. Just follow these seven easy steps:
- Be at your stop a few minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
- Look for the signs on the route that mark all of our bus stops.
- Watch for your bus. When you see it, look at the driver & raise your hand. Place yourself safely out of traffic where the driver can see you.
- On our buses that have two doors, please board the bus from the front door, and exit the back door.
- Let the driver know you want to get off the bus one block ahead of your stop. You can do this by verbally announcing your stop to the driver, or pulling the cord next to the window.
- If you need to transfer from one route to another, ask the driver for the transfer when you board the bus. Make sure to give your transfer pass to the driver on your next bus.
- After leaving the bus, wait until the bus has left the stop before crossing the street. Do not attempt to cross in front of the bus.
How to Read the Bus Schedule
- Schedules tell you what bus you need and the time it will arrive.
- Schedules are read from right to left.
- Find your location on the map and make sure you know what direction you are going when you read the schedule.
- Not all bus stops are listed on the schedule. The bus stops listed are called timepoints. Your bus stop may be between time points.
- Find the timepoint closest to your starting point. Estimate the time it will take the bus to travel from that timepoint to your starting point. Be at your stop at least five minutes before that time.
- Go down the column underneath the timepoint to find the time closest to when you want to catch the bus.
- If you need to be somewhere by a certain time, look on the schedule and find the timepoint closest to where you are going and what time the bus will arrive there. Work your way back to where you will begin your trip to find out what time you will need to get on the bus.
- If you need to transfer to another bus, look up the schedule of the route you will use next.
- If you need help planning your trip, call Ozark Regional Transit at (479)756-5901 ext 2.